Friday, October 28, 2011

Brass Trade Bucket Engraved Disc

Here is an Awesome project that a few friends started and I finished. What I have is the bottom of a stamped brass trade bucket,which has been cut down for a necklace. This all started with my friends from Laramie Wyoming silversmith Dave Gilpin and Roy Martin an authority of Plains Indian Lore. Dave cut out the disc and rocker engraved it for me then Roy added some clam shell hairpipe the real stuff. I just happened to have a few more hairpipes and a few blue beads. I finished off the necklace with dyed red deer tail hair and some hand rolled tin cones. Its very cool for me to create from original period items and this will belong in my personal collection, and a thanks for my friends whom collaborated on this with me..

No comments:

Post a Comment