Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Warfare"




Here is a blast from the past, I made several of these skulls with broken arrowhead fragments carved into place. I have one partial skull piece purchased by students at the Colorado School of Mines and is proudly displayed. I have not seen the finished display but I am sure its Awesome. Another skull I created is located in South Dakota Crystal Cavern, they had uncovered a native american burial while expanding the cave. The remains were removed but they wanted to memorialize the location of the discovery. I was supplied photos and replicated a skull with the exact fractures and colors of the original.
I have always been interested in Plains Indian warfare and weapons. I want to create more skulls in the future with a Plains Indian war-trophy thought. Many raids many blunt forces taken to ensure tribal strength and longevity.

No comments:

Post a Comment