Monday, December 21, 2009

"Mud Buffalo" Portiat of My Son














Here is my latest piece a long awaited drawing that I have been hesitant to start. This is a charcoal on a gesso
board. I haven't done a drawing like this since High School. After visiting with a local Gallery and meeting up with my High School Art teacher Mr. "W" for short prompted this sketch. I had taken this photo of Weston at a local Rendezvous while he was in persona and yes he has "attitude" at times. My brother Mike and I dressed him up for a photo shoot. The name of this piece comes from another Rendezvous outing when both my boys decided to play in the creek,so I thought. After a while they stumbled back into camp covered head to toe with mud, since then Weston acquired the name Mud Buffalo from me... I think it turned out well, now I must purchase a frame that's gonna cost some bucks not just any frame maybe a gold plaited that shines clean.....




No comments:

Post a Comment